Providing computerized load calculations and custom engineered systems is crucial in developing a cost-effective approach to building a quality HVAC system. Colony Heating and Air Conditioning understands the design-build process to properly manage projects and bring value engineered solutions to the table.
The rooftop units are mounted to our custom, in-house manufactured water-tight, roof curb. Our staff competitively prices equipment from several suppliers for every project. This allows us to pass on competitive equipment pricing to our customers.
Ground Mounted Rooftop Unit
Standard Efficiency units are readily available in sizes 3-25 tons. Larger commercial application sizes of 27-50 ton are ordered direct from the factory.
Outdoor Condensing Units
Split-systems (furnace and air conditioner combinations) are available in one-five ton capacities. Whether your need is high or standard efficiency, our team will help you decide the best fit for your commercial budget.
High Efficiency Equipment
Together with our competitive pricing and team work, our team will give you the option to choose which type of efficient system best fits your application. Combined with utility company rebates and energy savings, high efficiency systems may be the right solution for your business.
Commercial New Construction
- Medical Facilities and Hospitals
- Office Buildings
- Shopping Malls
- Manufacturing Facilities
- Clean Rooms
- Computer Rooms
- Laboratories and Research
- Commercial Kitchens and Hoods
- Swimming Pools / Natatoriums
- Garage and CO Exhaust Systems
- Veterinary Clinics and Animal Hospitals
- Schools and Educational Facilities
Commercial Retrofit and Remodel
- All types of construction
Industrial Exhaust Systems
- Material conveying and blow pipe
- Dust collection
- Production process exhaust
- Air filtration and Purification
- Aging systems that require replacements
- Energy upgrades
- Retro-Fit curb adaptors
Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- Zoning Control
Design / Build
- Our team specialize in this type of work… large to small systems
- Proven experience and capability
- In-House Engineering
- State of Iowa Registered Mechanical Engineer
- In-House CAD Design service
- Proven quality control to provide delivery of the desired product
- Proven schedule control to provide delivery of the desired completion
- Proven budget control to assure project costs
Design / Assist - Working as part of the selected design team to assure best value for the owner
- Provide value engineering as part of the design team
- Provide budget experience to keep projects on track through design phase
- Provide construction team to install the finalized design
- Bring value to the project
Hard Bid - In the Competitive Market Place - Provide competitive bidding on the projects that are put into the bid market
- Participate in the open bidding of mechanical projects
- Proven to maintain a competitive position in the Market Place
- Proven to assure Market Place positioning and cost comparisons
Negotiated projects - Work with clients on a negotiated fee or negotiated rate structure for completion of the work
- Competitive labor rates
- Competitive shop production facilities
- Competitive General Conditions and Insurance Costs
- Open Book invoicing on a time and material basis
All forms of standard and specialized sheet metal fabrication
Galvanized Sheet Metal
- Rectangular systems: Internal thermal and sound insulation applications
- Round systems
- Black Iron sheet metal
- Welded grease exhaust and material handling systems
Aluminum Sheet Metal
- Dryer and dishwasher exhaust systems
- Moisture laden air movement
Stainless Steel Sheet Metal
- Kitchen exhaust systems
- Laboratory exhaust systems
- Clean Room exhaust systems
Modern Computerized Fabrication Shop
- Two (2) Plasma Cutting Tables
- Ductwork & installation are both plasma cut for a perfect fit every time.
Computerized metal forming equipment
Warehouse capability for material storage and shipping control
All installations and fabrications per SMACNA Standards
Sheet Metal and Air conditioning Contractors National Association
Testing and Balancing
Our team is fully capable of providing a final air system test and balance for any application once the project has been completed. Whether you are remodeling an existing space and need to change the HVAC system layout or we have installed a new system in your facility, our team can handle your needs.
Whether we are replacing your old system or installing a system in your new facility, every piece of equipment receives that special attention during the initial start-up.
Maintenance and Service
The commercial division of Colony Heating and Air Conditioning has dedicated personnel to personally maintain and service your commercial equipment. Our service technicians are on call day or night, 24/7.
Control Systems and Low Voltage Control Wiring
Commercial electrical systems are designed with commercial applications in mind. We work hard to provide the best control systems in the industry.