At Colony, service is a top priority. With over 40+ years experience, we take pride in offering our customers the most efficient, reliable and competitive priced services. We provide 24 hour service, even on weekends and holidays. Our trained technicians are available to service the residential and commercial needs of Cedar Rapids and surrounding communities.
- Gas Furnaces – LP & Natural Gas
- Central Air Conditioners*
- Air-to-Air Heat Pumps
- Geothermal/Heat Pumps
- Electric Furnaces
- Residential Boilers
- Hanging Gas or Electric Heaters
- Gas Fireplaces
- Duct Heaters
- Gas Stoves (heating only)
- Gas Inserts
- Gas Logs
- Package thru-the-wall units
- PTAC Units (hotel style)*
- Mini-split systems
- Dryer Vent Cleaning (hard piped only)
- In-floor Radiant Heat
- Rooftop Units – Package Gas/Electric
- Mobile Home Furnaces and Air Conditioners*
- Air Handlers
- Water Heaters – Electric and Gas
- Radiant Tube Heaters
- Make-up Air Heaters
- Many more – call to inquire!
* Does not include window air conditioners
We provide warranty on all of our installed parts and labor for the first year of operation.
The air conditioning equipment also carriers an additional five year parts-only warranty on the compressor(s) and steel heat exchanger(s). As an authorized Trane dealer, we also offer and additional ten year parts-only extended warranty on compressor(s) and steel heat exchanger(s). This is a one-time only cost for added coverage on the two core components of the heating and air conditioning system offered at the time of installation for new equipment.
We also perform routine maintenance and service checks for your heating and cooling equipment.
These services include: summer and/or winter start-up, cleaning, extensive inspection of equipment operation, and filter changes.
Preventative maintenance has proven itself to be the best way of insuring uninterrupted operation of your heating and cooling equipment. Colony Heating and Air Conditioning will take a personal interest in caring for your equipment with experienced service technicians and 24 hour service.
Need a City Rental or DHS Inspection?
Call us today to set up your city fuel burning status report inspection. The City of Cedar Rapids requires landlords to complete this inspection on fuel burning devices including gas water heaters and gas furnaces. Upon successful completion of the inspection – Colony will handle and submit the paperwork directly to the city for processing. Call today for more info!
Annual Heating Inspection - Call Today: 364-4328
- Oil or grease all bearings, including blower motor and damper bearings.
- Inspect and replace filters (filters are extra)
- Inspect flue for proper draft
- Clean and adjust burners
- Inspect, clean and adjust ignition system
- Inspect and adjust (if necessary) all limit and fan controls
- Inspect for proper thermostat operation
- Plus much more.
Annual Air Conditioning Inspection - Call Today: 364-4328
- Oil or grease all bearings, including motors, fan & damper bearings
- Inspect and replace filters
- Inspect and clean all controls and contact points
- Check system freon charge
- Inspect for proper thermostat operation
- Plus much more.
What We Offer
Repair and service for all major brands of HVAC equipment on a 24/7 basis at competitive pricing.
See links to manufacturers' website on the product pages and/or please feel free to call our office with any questions you may have.
Thermostats - Colony sells primarily Honeywell thermostats that come with a 5-year parts warranty and 1 year labor warranty, if Colony installs the thermostat.
- Single stage non-programmable - Honeywell TH5110D1022
- Multi-stage non-programmable - Honeywell TH5220D1029
- Single stage programmable touch screen - Honeywell TH8110U1003
- Single stage programmable - Honeywell TH6110D1021
- Multi-stage programmable touch screen - Honeywell TH8320U1008
- Can also order any other major brand of state (White Rogers, Robert Shaw, Etc.)
If you so desire. Please call for a quote.
General, AprilAire, Skuttle, Carrier, Lennox, Honeywell and many others. Colony stocks a large selection of replacement parts and pads for a lot of humidifiers. Make sure you bring along the brand name and model # of the unit you have so that the proper part can be located for you.
ERV's and HRV's
Colony can obtain parts from a large number of manufacturers. We will need brand name, model #, and serial # to quote repair and/or replacement parts.
Colony stocks a large number and range of filters from various manufacturers. Will need the brand name, model # of air cleaner, or if just looking for a standard replacement poly or pleat filter, the height, width and thickness dimensions of the filter you are looking to replace. Colony can also attain custom-sized filters to fit your individualized needs.
Please call with brand name and model # and Colony will be happy to quote you a replacement part or bulb for you.
Benefits of having a Service Maintenance Agreement:
- Service Agreements save you money. You will receive preferred billing on Service Agreements and service calls, meaning you will save at least 10% on parts and labor on every call
- Have work scheduled before the busy season
- Priority handling of your service needs in case of emergency
- Will prolong the life of the investment that you have made in your heating and cooling equipment
- With energy prices rising, it will ensure that you are getting the most out of your energy dollars that you are spending
- Peace of mind that your equipment is running safely and efficiently
Residential Service Agreements:
Colony offers service agreement on a wide range of equipment at competitive rates. Geothermal heat pumps, air to air heat pumps, electric air handlers, air conditioners, humidifiers, electronic air cleaners, and much more.
Colony can service the equipment and customize the service agreement to meet your needs.
Please call Colony with a list of the equipment that you would like serviced for a free quote. Thanks for the chance to be of service to you!
Commercial Service Agreements:
Colony services a wide range of equipment. Please call to find out if Colony can help you. Colony can send you a free quote and customize the service agreement to your needs or requirements at no charge or obligation. Colony looks forward for the chance to be of service to you. Please contact Dave Kohoutek, service manager. Thank you.
What We Offer
Service on any major brand of HVAC equipment within our service area on a 24/7 basis at competitive pricing. Equipment worked on: Package Gas/Electric units, Heat Pumps, Radiant Heaters, Hanging Units, Heaters, Makeup air units, Furnaces, A/C's, Computer room HVAC equipment, Intake and Exhaust fans, humidifiers, pool room HVAC equipment and much more. Please call with your particular type of equipment and Colony will be glad to let you know if we can help you.
You can also call Colony about your particular part or equipment that needs maintenance. But please remember, we will need the brand name, model #, serial # off of that equipment so the correct information can be relayed to you. We do not sell parts directly but our 24/7 Service will be happy to come out and replace any defective parts.