Furnace Issues? Heating Repair in Cedar Rapids, North Liberty and Iowa City
With temperatures dropping, it’s time to turn our furnaces on. It is important to make sure your furnace is tuned up and ready to take on the cold temperatures approaching. We have some tips and real life customer questions from Colony Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning that we would like to share.
Tips to help your Furnace work Best.
- Is your Filter clean? Replace your filters every few months. Dirty filters restrict air flow and make your furnace work harder. If you have pets, be sure to check them once a month.
- Keep the area around the Furnace clean. Ideally, you want three to five feet clearance around the unit. This allows air to circulate more freely.
- Regular Furnace Tune Ups are very beneficial to the life of your Furnace. We diagnose any issues and fix any potential problems that may arise during the winter months. Have our professionals at Colony Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning preform your annual tune up this fall and spring.
- Ceiling Fans – Since heat rises, using a ceiling fan can really help move the heat back down to the floor. This especially is helpful in rooms with vaulted ceilings.
- Bake in your kitchen oven. During the winter months, try leaving your oven partially cracked after cooking a meal. The heat will fill your kitchen!
- Put curtains on your windows. Closing your curtains at night will help retain the heat in your home. Open the curtains to keep the East and and West facing windows exposed to the suns light during the day.
- Make sure the humidity level is good in your home. Installing a whole-house humidifier and bringing your humidity level up to 40%, will help transfer heat better. Not only this, but it helps relieve a dry throat and skin in the winter months and also is good for your wood floors/ furnishings. A whole-house humidifier is also known to help prevent asthma and allergy attacks.
- Make sure your doors are sealed properly. Check the bottom and sides of your doors to make sure you cannot see any light from outside.
These are some simple suggestions to keep your heat in and your energy bills down this winter. You’ll stay warm and cozy by following these tips. If you ever happen to need us, give us a call at 364-HEAT and our techs will be there to service you 24/7, 365. Stay warm this winter and thanks for Calling the Guys you can Trust!