DUCTLESS HEATING AND COOLING | CEDAR RAPIDS, IOWA CITY
Do you have a room that is always too hot or too cold? Mitsubishi Electric has a Zoned Comfort System that will fit your unique needs. Ductless Heating and Cooling is the way to go! Whether you are building new or remodeling, a ductless “mini split” system may be perfect for you.
How does Ductless Heating and Cooling work?
Ductless Heating and Cooling systems are reversible, two-way heat pumps that simply take heat energy from one place and move it to another by compressing and expanding refrigerant. The outdoor portion of the unit connects to the indoor unit by a small bundle of cables, including a refrigerant line. This unit is placed outside the home on ground level. The Indoor portion is mounted on a centrally located wall. One ductless system is generally enough to heat and cool an average-sized home.
Use the remote control to adjust the settings for maximum efficiency, comfort and control.
Single- Zone or Multi-Zone?
- Single-Zone: Ductless is a perfect solution for homes with problem rooms that just never feel comfortable. You know, a great room with a high ceiling, or large glass exposure. A sun room or addition. Even a converted attic, or a remodeled room over a garage. Ductless systems allow you to pinpoint the area of your home you want to condition, which always takes some of the load off your existing HVAC system, saving you money.
- Multi-Zone: With a ductless system it’s easy to choose exactly how much you want to heat or cool each room or zone of your home to accommodate your family’s preferences and lifestyle. With a ductless solution from Colony Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning, you can eliminate energy use in the rooms you’re not using, or design a climate in your home based on the factors that make you and your home unique.
- Eliminating those hot/ cold spots
- New Construction
Common Applications for Ductless
- Home Additions
- Home Remodel/ Renovation
- Enclosed Patios
- Homes without space for ductwork
- Older homes with no existing ductwork
- Larger, multi-room living spaces
- Large Kitchens or Bathrooms
Call the Guys You Can Trust
We offer FREE estimates on all new equipment – let our experts help you decide which unit is best for your application. Call us today for more information. 364-HEAT (4328).